terms & conditions.
general terms & conditions
Article 1: Identity
Chamber of Commerce number: 57618488
Bosboom Toussaintstraat 36, 1054 AT Amsterdam
Willemijn Kornelis: +31 6 24764208 / Liselotte Wannijn: +31 6 47398333
Article 2: Applicability
These terms and conditions apply to orders placed on SMPLSKIN.COM worldwide. Please ensure that you carefully read these terms and conditions. It is important that you regularly check for updates.
Article 3: Orders on the website
2. Fulfillment of an order through the website is subject to availability of the product or service. We reserve the right not to accept your order for any reason. We also reserve the right to cancel a contract by electronic written notice to you in the following situations, without liability for any damage or costs other than repayment of any amount received from you in relation to the cancelled contract:
– the product is not available or not in stock;
– your billing information is not correct or not verifiable;
– your order is flagged up by our security systems as an unusual order or an order susceptible to fraud;
– your bank transfer payment is not received within 12 calendar days after acceptance of your order;
– there was an error in the price displayed on the Website;
– we could not deliver to the address provided by you;
– in the event of misspelling, pricing or other errors or mistakes in the website information.
Article 4: Payment/ Price
1. Payment can be made:
- American Express
- Paypal account
2. If you opt for payment via PayPal, you are not required to create a PayPal account.
3. You acknowledge and agree to pay for all charges for shipping, payment and handling, as well as VAT and all other applicable taxes, associated with your order. These charges will be automatically calculated for you, clearly displayed when placing your order and debited from your credit card account together with the total cost of the product.
4. The product prices displayed on the Website are inclusive of Value-Added Tax (VAT). Shipping rates are applied per order. For details on shipping rates per country see the customer service page in the footer of the website.
5. The total price specified in the final check out screen includes tax and shipping costs. This price will be recorded in the Order Confirmation, which we recommend you print or download for future reference. If paying by credit card, the total amount for your entire order will be reflected on your statement in your local currency. If your local currency is different from the currency in which the prices are quoted, your bank will apply the exchange rate applicable per the date of purchase. Your bank may apply a different exchange rate, which is beyond our control. Please transfer only the exact amount specified on the Order Confirmation, and make individual transfers per order, using the unique reference number stated in your Order Confirmation.
6. The prices of the products will be as displayed on the website. Prices may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order which we have confirmed in an Order Confirmation.
Article 5: Shipping & Delivery
SMPL is shipping your order. Shipment costs will depend on the destination of your order and the chosen shipping method. These costs are clearly displayed when placing your order through the SMPL webshop.Delivery and shipping dates stated herein are best estimates only and SMPL shall not be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense for/caused by failure to deliver in accordance with any specified shipping or delivery.
Article 6: Cancellations
You have the right to communicate a renunciation of a purchase, without payment of any fees or communication of any justification, within 14 calendar days following the day of receiving the goods.If you wish to take advantage of your right to cancel the purchase, you are required to inform us in writing within 14 calendar days of receiving the goods, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The goods need to be returned at your risk and expenses within 20 days of receiving the goods to the following address: SMPL, Bosboom Toussaintstraat 36h, 1054AT Amsterdam.Only goods, which are intact and in their original unopened and undamaged packaging, accompanied by all accessories, leaflets and invoice or proof of purchase, will be admissible for reimbursement. The right of cancellation shall not apply to used products or products with (partly) opened packaging.6.1 If you return a product you are responsible for shipping the product to our distribution center. In case we do not receive the product, we are in no way liable for loss of the product. The burden of proof that a product is delivered to us is on you or the company used for shipping.
Article 7: Liability
1. If SMPL fails to comply with these general conditions, we shall be responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these terms and conditions or our negligence. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if you and we contemplated it at the time we entered into the contract.
2. Although we use encrypted security software, the security of information and payments transmitted via Internet or via e-mail can’t be guaranteed. We shall not be liable for any damages suffered as a result of the use of electronic communications.
3. In the event you have suffered damages as a result of our activities related to your purchase(s) of our products through the website, our liability will be limited to:
a. damage to the SMPL products or to other materials;
b. reasonable and demonstrable costs incurred by you to find out the cause and the amount of the damages under a.;
c. reasonable and demonstrable costs incurred by you to prevent or reduce the damage under;
The maximum reimbursement of the above damages will (if applicable) be the purchase price of the products concerned.
4. We shall not be liable for damage incurred by a third party resulting from the use of any of our products. We shall not be liable for damage incurred by you as a result of your improper use of any of our products.
5. Nothing in these general conditions excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by Dutch law.7.6 To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms, which may apply to the website, or any content on the Website, whether express or implied.
6. Please note that we only provide the Website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Article 8: Gift card conditions
1. Gift cards may be used for online purchase.
2. Gift cards can be loaded with any value between 10 and 200 Euros.
3. Gift cards are non-transferable and may not be returned or redeemed for cash.
4 If you return products you have purchased using a gift card, the refunded balance will be credited to your account as store credit and will be redeemable against subsequent orders.
5. SMPL is not responsible if a gift card is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission.
Article 9: Intellectual property rights
1. SMPL owns all intellectual property rights on the website and in the material published on it. Copyright, design and trademark laws around the world protect those works.
2. You must not use any part of the content on the website for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from SMPL.
Article 10: Your account
1. If you choose to register you must treat the username and password for your account as confidential as possible.
3. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must notify SMPL at email@example.com.
Article 11: Linked sites
The blog on SMPL provides links to external internet sites. We shall not be liable for the use of the content of internet sites that link to this site or which are linked from it.
Last updated on 31 january 2017